If you have someone to wish for their wedding, you need to write a card. There are many types of wishes depending on the relationship you have with the ‘to be wedded’ couple. So, here I am going to list a few examples of what to write in a wedding card for various types of wedding cards and wishes.
Formal Wedding Wishes
When your relationship is very formal with the bride or the groom, you should think of something formal.
- Wishing a life full of happiness and love.
- An eventful day such as this will pass, but may your happiness and love grow forever.
- May your journey together be blessed, as your bond becomes stronger.
- May your lives be full of everlasting joy.
- May your love and bond grow stronger with time.
- May this knot be kept strong till death do you part.
Casual Wedding Wishes
If your relationship demands informal or casual wishes, we have some samples for you too! Casual wishes are short but full of emotions and sweetness, and closeness.
- Wishing you the best!
- Congrats on the beginning of a new life together.
- We are so happy about your new life together.
- With lots of love and best wishes.
- Kisses and hugs from your BFF!
- (With a souvenir) ‘A little something to jump-start your new life!’
Funny Wedding Wishes
Maybe you are creative and do not like to be just casual or informal or formal. You want to be funny and put a nice smile on the faces of the newly wedded couple. Then you should cook up something really funny. But keep it plain and simple. Usually, you should avoid sarcastic jokes and also avoid puns. Also, avoid anything that can be considered degrading or insulting. Just make sure you are not mistaken as a jerk! Keep it pure and nice!
- Thanks for the free meal!! Congrats on your wedding!!
- I was suddenly feeling hungry for no reason. And now I see why! Thanks for the free food guys!! Congrats!
- Your marriage reminds me of my joy when [name your favorite football, baseball club] won the game! I am happy for you!
- I am always ready to congratulate…… if you offer a free meal!! Wish you guys good luck!
Religious Wedding Wishes
We know that there are marriages of all types! There are religious marriages too! It means that the bride and groom are having a marriage strictly governed by religious rites and rituals. If it is religious, then you can pick and quote verses from religious teachings or scriptures. But remember, to understand what level of religiousness the couple can handle. You have to match their level – do not make it light or heavy. Try to be on neutral ground.
- May God bless you.
- There is nothing as blessed as a faithful bond between a man and a woman.
Wedding Wishes for a Family Member
Weddings are a great event to become even closer as family members. You can make great personal wishes to the couple being wed.
- I wish you an everlasting happy conjugal life.
- Congratulations! A house full of warm hearts awaits you.
- It’s a delight to have you in our family.
Wedding wishes for siblings
It is an emotional thing that your partner in crime, your friend and playmate – your sibling is getting married. All the happy moments, sobs, and sorrows are coming to an end leaving you behind all alone.
- Cannot believe you are getting married. I am feeling lonely and also happy at the same time. I wish you a happy conjugal life.
- I feel jealous that you are getting married before me. But congratulations and best wishes!
- Writing wishes are not difficult. Keep it short and keep it simple. Try how to make them happy. If you think too much, you may make things worse. Just take it easy.